As an Adult Learner (ABE)
Students must apply and be accepted before they can enroll in the Accelerated Bridge to Education (ABE) program. To qualify for admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have at least three years, full-time employment following high school
- Have a transfer GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students who do not meet all of the minimum academic admission requirements listed above will be considered by the Admissions Committee. In some cases a personal statement, interview, and/or other documentation may be required before an admissions decision can be made.
How to Apply
- Complete the ABE Application for Admission
- Submit a personal statement (see requirements below)
- Provide an official copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit proof of high school or GED completion (may be met by an official high school or college transcript)
- Complete a one-page, typed personal statement that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the ABE program?
- How do your professional and academic goals relate to the ABE program?
- How have you prepared yourself to balance your family, work, academic, and other commitments?
- What qualities do you possess that would help you be a successful student?