Students must apply and be accepted before they can enroll in the Accelerated Bridge to Education (ABE) program. To qualify for admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have at least three years, full-time employment following high school
- Have a transfer GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students who do not meet all of the minimum academic admission requirements listed above will be considered by the Admissions Committee. In some cases a personal statement, interview, and/or other documentation may be required before an admissions decision can be made.
How to Apply
- Complete the ABE Application for Admission
- Submit a personal statement (see requirements below)
- Provide an official copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit proof of high school or GED completion (may be met by an official high school or college transcript)
- Complete a one-page, typed personal statement that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the ABE program?
- How do your professional and academic goals relate to the ABE program?
- How have you prepared yourself to balance your family, work, academic, and other commitments?
- What qualities do you possess that would help you be a successful student?